Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fruit Tarts


Sweet pastry Fruit tart. I try this pastry recipes. Cos next week my friend ask me to bake for her wedding. But I'm gonna use freshcream instead of custard. When I make this tarts it reminded me of alot of long lost friend who love fruit tarts. Especially Ling from Sandakan. I miss this girl alot. We have so much fun time when we work at same place  before. She loves fruit tart n can't resist it when we pass by Deli France. I have lost in touch with her. If I found her I'll make her this lovely tarts. Hahaha!

Base - Sweet Shortcrust Pastry

Ingred:-
100g butter
160g plain flour
40g icing sugar
1 egg
a few drops of vanilla essence

Method:
1) Preheat oven to 180C.
2) Beat butter & sugar till well combined. Stir in egg and vanilla essence.
3) Add flour to egg mixture. Mix to a dough. Chill for 1 hour.
4) Roll dough thinly and cut into circles using a fluted round cutter.
5) Press pastry circles into tart tins.
6) Trim off excess pastry. Prick evenly with a fork.
8) Bake empty abt 15mins. Keep aside to cool.

Filling
Ingred:-
2 tbsps custard powder
120 ml milk
60g granulated sugar (i reduce to 40g)

Method:
1) Cook custard powder, milk and sugar over low heat.
2) Stir till boils and thickens. Leave it to cool.
3) Spoon mixture into empty tarts.
4) Decorate with fruits and brush with apricot jam.


No comments:

Post a Comment