Base - Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
160g plain flour
40g icing sugar
a few drops of vanilla essence
1) Preheat oven to 180C.
2) Beat butter & sugar till well combined. Stir in egg and vanilla essence.
3) Add flour to egg mixture. Mix to a dough. Chill for 1 hour.
4) Roll dough thinly and cut into circles using a fluted round cutter.
5) Press pastry circles into tart tins.
6) Trim off excess pastry. Prick evenly with a fork.
8) Bake empty abt 15mins. Keep aside to cool.
2 tbsps custard powder
120 ml milk
60g granulated sugar (i reduce to 40g)
1) Cook custard powder, milk and sugar over low heat.
2) Stir till boils and thickens. Leave it to cool.
3) Spoon mixture into empty tarts.
4) Decorate with fruits and brush with apricot jam.