Ingredients for sponge cake:
120 gm. castor sugar
140 gm. cake flour
1 tsp. vanilla essence
80 gm. melted butter
2 tbsps custard powder
120 ml milk
60g granulated sugar (i reduce to 40g)
(1) Whisk eggs and sugar till thick and fluffy.
(2) Sieve in cake four and vanilla essence and fold lightly.
(3) Pour in melted butter and fold lightly taking care not to deflate the eggs.
(4) Pour into a square tray 15" x 15" and bake at 175C for about 10 - 12 Mins. or till cooked. Remove from oven and turn onto a wire rack and let it cool.
(5) Cut the sponge cake into 2/3 pieces.
(6) Spread the custard filling. cover with fresh cream if desire.