100 gm Caster Sugar
1 tsp Yam Essence
120 gm Plain Flour
70 gm Butter (melted)
300 gm Cooked Yam (mashed)
100 gm Fresh Cream (Whipped)
1/2 tsp Yam Essence
- Preheat Oven to 200'C ; grease 25 x 35cm (10 x 14-in) baking tin; line with baking paper.
- Using electri mixer on full speed, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in Yam essence, mix well. Gently fold in sifted flour, add in melted butter, mix until well combined.
- Spread mixture into tin. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Leaves to cool.
- To make filling, combine cooked and mashed yam with whipped cream and essence.
- Turn cake onto paper, spread with yam cream. Roll gently from wide end, using paper to lift cake and guide roll.