Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Pandan Cake with Grated Coconut


Pandan Cake with Grated Coconut
Coconut Filling:
230g grated white coconut
100g gula Melaka
30g sugar
30g (1 tbsp) water
1 tsp corn flour or plain flour
2 pandan leaves

Method:
Boil both sugar, water, corn flour and pandan leaves in a small pot until sugar has dissolved. Add in grated coconut and cook until dry. Discard the pandan leaves and leave it to cool down. Roll them into small balls to be used later.

Cake:
3 eggs
150g coconut milk
2.5 tsp baking powder
190g sugar
280g flour
1 tsp pandan paste

Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat at high speed until thick and creamy. Pour into mould lined with muffin cups till half full. Add in coconut filling and top it up till full. Steam at high heat for 8-10 minutes.

I didn't add coconut filling cos I don have it at home. I'm just doing the cake for my daughter to bring to school the next morning. : ) I got this recipes from Bakingmun

No comments:

Post a Comment